Pregnancy Care Consulting Course
Who is this training for?
The short course training suits the needs of people who:
- do not have any experience or qualification and wish to learn new knowledge and skills in the provision of professional pregnancy support consultancy
- already have a qualification in a relevant discipline such as nursing, social work, psychology etc and want some contextualised professional development,
- have a concern about the negative impact of abortion on women and families and wish to update their knowledge on these issues
- Graduates may be eligible for accreditation as a RCA Pregnancy Support Consultant
Is the course recognised/accredited?
The short course is delivered as Professional Development, not accredited training, although a statement of outcomes can be provided for those wishing to seek recognition of prior learning toward accredited training. The course may also meet the criteria for professional bodies for continuing professional development points.
What does the course cover?
The course covers a broad range of issues relevant to the needs of women and families experiencing unintended or difficult pregnancies who may seek assistance, support or information, including:
- Providing sexual and reproductive health information to clients
- Anatomy and physiology of human sexuality and reproduction
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy, birth and conception
- Values and beliefs about sexuality and reproduction
- Supporting clients in decision making in pregnancy
- Pregnancy options
- Establishing action plans
- Counselling theory and practise
- Ethics and legal issues
- Values and beliefs
We have professionals experienced in the development and delivery of tailored training for your organisation or group. Education ranges from short online training modules, lecture style presentations and half or full day workshops. Groups catered for in the past include:
- public community groups
- medical associations
- allied health organisations
Contact us to discuss your needs.
How long will it take?
Most students would be able to complete the required study and assessments within about 3 months. We allow up to 6 months for completion of all assessments.
How much does it cost?
The full cost of the short course is $495 and includes all online materials and assessment.
How do I apply?
You can use the form below to request an application form today!
What if I have any more questions?
Call us on 02 6059 5550